WHO ARE WE?
Hutton Music Academy is named for James L. Hutton Jr. who was a music educator with the Norfolk Public Schools in Norfolk, VA for 18 years. Jim was such a devoted and talented choral educator, soloist, and friend. Sadly, Jim passed away in 1995 at the age of 45, but his legacy lives on. Hutton Music Academy is built on his excellence and dedication for teaching choral music and is carried on by one of Jim's students, Stephanie Drake Larson.
- OUR MISSION: To provide quality choral music education for children-young adult.
- VISION: Changing Lives Through Music
- We put our students first
- We develop minds and build character through music.
- We set high standards and provide challenges that foster discipline and self-esteem.
- We reward commitment, respect and accountability.
- We embrace family and community relationships – Trust ensures support.
- We believe in inclusiveness and diversity to enrich learning.
- We innovate in order to inspire.